Advertising is a powerful tool for businesses to increase their visibility and drive sales. There are many different advertising strategies that can be used, from traditional media to social media platforms. Repetition is an important technique to use in advertising, as it helps to create a strong brand image. Internet marketing, email marketing, search engine marketing, influencer marketing, and native advertising are all effective strategies that can be used to reach potential customers.
Ferrier is a fan of “advertising in action”: influencing people by influencing actions rather than perceptions. Based on evidence that advertising is notoriously poor in direct persuasion, Ferrier describes 10 ways to influence actions. The underlying logic is that the easiest way to persuade someone is to allow them to persuade themselves, and this will happen quite naturally if you incite (push, encourage) people to act in a manner consistent with a desired behavior. We tend to align our perceptions with our actions to avoid the mental discomfort of cognitive dissonance.
In other words, if you influence action, you influence perception. Internet marketing, or online marketing, combines web and email to advertise and drive e-commerce sales. Social media platforms can also be included to leverage the brand's presence and promote products and services. Repetition is an advertising technique that can be used at the micro or macro level. There may be repetitions in a single ad, in a single campaign, or in all marketing materials for a given brand. The power of repetition relates to the concept of the Marketing Rule of Seven.
This well-known marketing principle states that most people need to interact with a brand seven times before buying. It's always good to take a look at examples of great marketing campaigns to help your creative juices flow. Spotify breaks the mold of typical music streaming platforms and instead offers listeners a user experience. GoPro cameras are a favorite among adventures, adrenaline junkies and athletes because they manage to record content that was almost impossible to record with traditional cameras. The Rainforest Alliance created an annual campaign called Follow the Frog. There are many possible advertising strategies, as each brand's situation, identity and goals are unique.
To get an idea of the possibilities, let's take a look at how HubSpot ranks the top 4 types of advertising strategies: push strategy, email marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), and influencer marketing. Push strategy is more suitable for new products or services, as it seeks to make something known among consumers in order to position itself well and generate sales. Email marketing is an advertising strategy that has not lost its effectiveness over the years, but has been reinvented time and time again. According to some studies, the ROI of this channel is close to $40 for every dollar invested. Paid advertising on search engines such as Google (SEM) consists of placing ads targeted to certain keywords. Influencer marketing is an advertising strategy that relies on the authority of users with a strong social media presence to promote a product or service to their followers.
Native advertising is a format that involves placing paid content in media that adapt in form and function to the environment in which it appears. Advertisers using this technique show that families or children who use their product are a happy and lucky family. In conclusion, there are many different advertising strategies available for businesses looking to increase their brand awareness and drive sales. To maximize your brand awareness efforts, it's important to understand which strategies will work best for your business. Here are 10 proven strategies you can use:
- Push Strategy: Push strategy is more suitable for new products or services, as it seeks to make something known among consumers in order to position itself well and generate sales.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is an effective way of reaching potential customers with targeted messages.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Paid advertising on search engines such as Google (SEM) consists of placing ads targeted to certain keywords.
- Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing is an advertising strategy that relies on the authority of users with a strong social media presence.
- Native Advertising: Native advertising is a format that involves placing paid content in media that adapts in form and function.
- Repetition: Repetition is an important technique used in advertising as it helps create a strong brand image.
- Marketing Rule of Seven: The Marketing Rule of Seven states that most people need to interact with a brand seven times before buying.
- Creative Campaigns: Take inspiration from creative campaigns such as Spotify’s user experience or GoPro’s adventure videos.
- Social Media Platforms: Leverage your presence on social media platforms such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Targeted Ads: Use targeted ads on platforms such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads.